Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location Service Reset?

Hello,

I hope this is in the right location. Recently we moved to a new house and when ever I use location services (mac or wifi ipad) it displays my old home address. With nothing to configure that I can find how can I reset this or correct it? I am trying to use the apple maps and my current location is wrong. I know apple used to use skyhook for wifi location services. This is really annoying and all the Find My device on icloud is WRONG for non GPS units. There has to be a way to fix it..

I have a gen 4 Airport Extreme and 2 gen 2 express devices.

I have wifi on my ios 7 enabled and set to assist with location but it wont chagne.

Yes, i have factory reset my Base station.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 18, 2013 11:35 AM

2 replies

Nov 18, 2013 9:33 PM in response to SnackFood

Yes, you're in the right place, but there is no known way for users to update the database. It has nothing to do with your AirPort; the problem is simply that Skyhook or whomever Apple used then or uses today entered its MAC address in its location database. That will not change until a new location is logged, and there is no way for you to control when that will ever occur.

This may be enlightening: Location Services in iOS 7.

Location Service Reset?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.