Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to install xbox 360 controller on mac mavericks?

how to install wired xbox 360 controller on mac mavericks?

i installed this driver

http://files.tattiebogle.net/360/360ControllerInstall.dmg

but is not working

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 18, 2013 12:51 PM

12 replies

Jan 13, 2014 6:11 AM in response to mtbkr81

I'm using the wireless controller, which I got working under Mavericks but after a while (usually, it seems, after the Mac has gone to sleep and resumed) the controller isn't recognised. A full restart of the Mac seems to be necessary to get it to reconnect, which is a pain. Anyone have it working reliably for a number of days, after Mac sleeping? Happy to invest in a wired controller if that's the issue, no mention of Mavericks on the Tattiebogle website.

Jan 14, 2014 8:58 PM in response to jamesgbeaumont

I just got it recognized in 10.9. I read on another post somewhere to instsll the .11 version and not the newest version. (FYI: The newest version forces a restart after installation.)

Collin,

As expected it added a preferences pane and it is recognized. BUT the controller name comes up as "Controller 1 (Wired)". I was expecting to say "Xbox 360 Controller" So far I have tried it with the Dolphin Wii Emulator only. In the emulator there is only one option for the controller and it says, "Input/0/Controller". Unfortunately, it does not work. Choosing a different option allows the keyboard controls to work only.

-Shaf

Jan 17, 2014 4:14 PM in response to mtbkr81

@mtnbkr81,

So you are trying to use the wireless controller? All that I have read points to more reliability for the wired when using it on a computer. Perhaps you should save money for a wired one?

I also forgot to mention the installation procedures on the .11 version. My controller does get recognized but as a genereric controller. Not specific to xbox360. But you can try this:

-Uninstall the pref pant and the couple of other files that have been written to your MAC. Use the search on "controller"

-once deleted run the .11 version of tthe driver. MAKE SURE THE CONTROLLER IS NOT IN THE USB PORT.

-after the installation is complete open up preferences adn you should see an xbox360 option

-open it and then plug in the controller

-it should then get recognized. You may need to play with some of the options.

Mar 16, 2014 5:42 PM in response to iamjdr4him

@iamjdr4him,

I gave up. I do not remember exactly which ones I uninstalled but as I said previously the 12 forces a restart ofthe system and the 11 does not. That should give you insight on which version your machine is reading. Perhaps there will be a more intuitive option that a developer may code for version 10.7.5. Right now I installed The Walking Dead Ep 1-5 which is pretty much a point and click game. But I do have Halo which would be nice for the controller to work although not critical.

-SunnaH

how to install xbox 360 controller on mac mavericks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.