Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Inadvertently deleted Outgoing SMTP Mail Server. Entered correct Yahoo email SMTP info and now SMTP is "Offline". Can't SEND emails. Help!

Inadvertently deleted SMTP Outgoing Mail Server address. Re-entered correct mail service provider's address and now have '(Offline)' tagged on server name. Can't SEND any emails. When I try, message will not send but goes into Outbox and sits. How can I get this SMTP address 'Online'? Help!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 18, 2013 2:20 PM

5 replies

Nov 18, 2013 2:44 PM in response to jeffandnada

Well you must have entered and inforrect setting or typo. I suggest you go back to the server list and edit. Check each line and character very carefully for correct spelling of the server and punctuation and no spaces. Also check the same for user id and password.

If you don't find your error, paste the server name, and settings you have for port. Who is your mail provider also?

Jan 24, 2015 11:33 AM in response to jeffandnada

For whatever reason Yahoo blocked access to their mail servers from Apple Mail in the past couple of days. I deleted my Yahoo account in Apple Mail and tried to add it back. NO JOY.

Today, Yahoo has reopened their servers so that I could add my Yahoo account to Apple Mail again successfully. Even w the second app password.

The problem was at Yahoo. Apple Mail people were either blocked or knocked off from their Yahoo servers for a time. This may happen again as it has in the past. I hope it doesn't become a frequent happening.

Inadvertently deleted Outgoing SMTP Mail Server. Entered correct Yahoo email SMTP info and now SMTP is "Offline". Can't SEND emails. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.