Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone shows battery sign that need to be charged, will not charge and turn on

Iphone shows a battery symbol that need to be charge, but will not charge or turn on

iPhone 5

Posted on Nov 18, 2013 5:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2013 5:32 PM

If the phone is that dead and shows the battery symbol, it will need to be plugged in for about 30 minutes before it will show any sign of life. It should start on its own after that, but after 30 minutes, you can try a reset, but holding the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. Are you trying to charge via a USB on the computer or with the mains charger?

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2013 5:32 PM in response to karlie01

If the phone is that dead and shows the battery symbol, it will need to be plugged in for about 30 minutes before it will show any sign of life. It should start on its own after that, but after 30 minutes, you can try a reset, but holding the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. Are you trying to charge via a USB on the computer or with the mains charger?

Feb 4, 2014 9:36 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Urgent!!!!!!!!!!!!!

02 days and m without my phone

My phone showed battery low sign when 10% was remaining. I put my phone on charging, it was showing charging sign and for a few minutes it showed USB sign ISO charging signal but very strange it was not actually charging as the battery was still running out. In few minutes my battery went to 1% and then my phone switched off and did not come back to life after that.

I tried Hard reset/ several different chargers/ restoring from I tunes but there is no response.

All it shows is a battery low sign and when I put it on charging, it only shows charging signal but do not actually charge as there is no change in the battery status. It shows the same red bar.....

Please help

Jul 31, 2014 1:41 PM in response to keirsty

hey i have the EXACT same problem. It just turn off one day and the battery was at 20 something percent. I plugged it into the wall and it shows the battery symbol with the red line showing that my battery is low but charging... but it does not move pass red and isnt powering up no matter how long i leave it on the charger.... can you please tell me what worked for you bc my phone isn't turning back on..

my iphone shows battery sign that need to be charged, will not charge and turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.