Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch 4G White Screen of Death

Okay, I recently got a new screen for my iPod Touch 4g, and it worked fine for about a week. Today I got the white screen of death and I can't seem to fix it. I've tried holding the home button and the power button down until it restarts, but it still has a white screen. I've also tried holding down the home button, volume up botton, and the power button to restart it and put it in recovery mode to restore, but still a white screen. I've tried just about every method of repairing the white screen but I can't seem to find a solution. I'm currently letting the battery fully drain to see if that works, but I have high doubts about it. I'll post an update later when it does die. Meanwhile, I'd appreciate any other ideas on how to fix it.

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.5, 4th Generation white screen

Posted on Nov 18, 2013 4:58 PM

1 reply

Nov 19, 2013 3:06 AM in response to Redvengance1

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

iPod Touch 4G White Screen of Death

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.