Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't activate my iTunes card. Can someone help me?

iPad air -OTHER, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 18, 2013 7:20 PM

2 replies

Nov 21, 2013 2:38 PM in response to Alexhelp

Hi Alexhelp,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

Make sure you're using these steps when redeeming a code:

iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Tap iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store on your device.
  2. Scroll to the bottom of the Featured section and tap Redeem.
  3. Tap "You can also enter your code manually."
    In some countries, you can redeem gift cards using your built-in camera.
  4. Type your gift or content code and tap Redeem. (If you have an iTunes Gift Card, use the 16-digit code on the back of the card that begins with the letter X.)
    User uploaded file
  5. After you redeem a gift card code, your iTunes account balance will update.

You can find the full article with screenshots here:

Redeeming iTunes Gift Cards and content codes

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1574

If you can't redeem your code using the steps above, see iTunes Store: Invalid, inactive, or illegible codes.

All the best,

Jeremy

Nov 21, 2013 2:41 PM in response to Alexhelp

What you normally should do when you have an iTunes card that has not been activated is go back the retailer from whom you purchased the card and discuss the problem with them. They should either correctly activate the card or give you a new one. If they refuse to help, as some retailers do, or you don't know or can't get to the retailer, go here:

iTunes Support

and follow the instructions to report the issue to the iTunes Store. They will ask for a scan of the front and back sides of the card as well as a scan of the receipt

Regards.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.