Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When will Pages on iCloud not be beta anymore?

I want to be able to edit documents that I've created on Pages on my iMac and saved to iCloud Pages. Does anyone know when that is going to be possible?

Posted on Nov 18, 2013 7:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2013 6:39 AM

I think it is possible now. But the software is so opaque it is not clear what is happening.

I have saved a document that I created on my Mac on iCloud. I sent links to my collaborators. They were able to edit the document, HOWEVER, when two of us were editing at the same time the sync was totally bonkers. The program continually confesses to having sync problems and asks whether you want to save the version of someone's Mac or on iCloud. Whichever you choose seems to result in lost work for at least one of the collaborators. We finally gave up on simultaneous editing, making sure only one of us was using the file at a time. This seems to work well, but a solution to the sync problem would make this really great collaboration software.

We might be missing something that would allow us to simultaneously edit, but whatever we might be missing is not readily apparent.

Hope this helps.

19 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2013 6:39 AM in response to cabreeze1

I think it is possible now. But the software is so opaque it is not clear what is happening.

I have saved a document that I created on my Mac on iCloud. I sent links to my collaborators. They were able to edit the document, HOWEVER, when two of us were editing at the same time the sync was totally bonkers. The program continually confesses to having sync problems and asks whether you want to save the version of someone's Mac or on iCloud. Whichever you choose seems to result in lost work for at least one of the collaborators. We finally gave up on simultaneous editing, making sure only one of us was using the file at a time. This seems to work well, but a solution to the sync problem would make this really great collaboration software.

We might be missing something that would allow us to simultaneously edit, but whatever we might be missing is not readily apparent.

Hope this helps.

Nov 19, 2013 2:41 PM in response to cabreeze1

cabreeze1 wrote:

It shows the Pages 5 version on my icloud

I don't understand what you mean by that. When you are logged into iCloud.com with your browser, you should see an icon called Pages beta like below but there is no version number on that. Pages 5 is a new version of Pages for your Mac.

User uploaded file

Use the camera icon to post a photo of what you are seeing.

When will Pages on iCloud not be beta anymore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.