Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Apple TV cannot set time and date. Have unplugged both router and Apple TV, have gone to settings could not restore , but could reset again stuck on date and time . Suggestions

New Apple TV cannot set date time u

Posted on Nov 18, 2013 8:36 PM

15 replies

Nov 19, 2013 8:43 AM in response to Kincora lad

You shouldn't by-pass the date and time settings, they need to be configured before the Apple TV will work properly and they need to be configured using your network time server not manually.

Check your router isn't blocking port 123 and open as necessary. You should refer to your manual for configuring your router or if it's supplied by your ISP, get them to help you.

Jul 28, 2015 11:17 AM in response to Kincora lad

Hi everybody,

My issue was:

Cannot setting date and time and cannot activate Apple TV

My tests:

1.- Network OK. ( I have other two Apple TV's working well ) ( not fix issue)

2.- Firewall disabled in my router. (not fix issue)

3.- Configuration Reset ( I'll need configure my network again) (not fix issue)

4.- Reset router. (not fix issue)

The simple SOLUTION for me was:

Connect appletv to iphone hotspot and that's all, I can connect with my itunes account and see iTunes home libraries.

New Apple TV cannot set time and date. Have unplugged both router and Apple TV, have gone to settings could not restore , but could reset again stuck on date and time . Suggestions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.