Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod classic is not getting detected by Itunes.

There were problems from when I updated my system to windows8. But some how in 2-3 times it usually detects the ipod and I was able to sync music. But now Itunes is not at all detecting my Ipod. I tried in different systems, in windows 7(which crashed and showed a blue screen) and XP but in that too it is not detecting. When I connect the Ipod,it makes some noise and windows shows that there is some problem with the device, fix it. When I click in that for repair, after scanning, pop up comes which says there was no error and the device is ready to use.

But in MAC it is getting detected so there is some problem with windows only.

I tried everything which was there in the internet. Please help or tell me the reason for this.

iPod classic, Windows 8

Posted on Nov 18, 2013 9:36 PM

3 replies

Nov 21, 2013 12:21 PM in response to Aakrisha

Hey there Aakrisha,

It sounds like you are connecting the iPod to your Windows 8 based computer but it is not working as expected. I want to recommend the troubleshooting steps outlined in this article named:

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows
http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1538

Here is a general overview of the troubleshooting to be done, each link has its own set of steps to try.

1. Update iTunes

2. Check the USB cable

3. Verify that Apple Mobile Device Support is installed

4. Restart the Apple Mobile Device Service

5. Verify that the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver is installed

6. Check for third-party software conflicts

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

ipod classic is not getting detected by Itunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.