Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages will not update on my mac!!

Pages will not update and because of that I cannot open pages files

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 18, 2013 8:30 PM

12 replies

Nov 18, 2013 8:53 PM in response to aacosta1420

You need to tell us a whole lot more to have any hope of receiving help here.

• Are you running Mavericks?
  • Did you have Pages '09 installed previously?
  • Did you go to the App Store and receive an update notice for Pages?
  • Are you using the same Apple ID and password you used before?
  • DId you start to update Pages through the App Store?
  • Did the download complete?
    • If not, what was the error message?
    • If so, was the Pages icon in your dock replaced?

Jan 22, 2014 8:40 AM in response to aacosta1420

Help needed with Pages. I have the '09 version. That original icon is still in my dock, but when I open a new document, the icon is automatically converted to newest version icon, which I have not purchased or downloaded. I can open it, but now cannot open previously written Pages documents, even though they too have had the icons changed. I don't understand this at all. My OS is 10.9.1 I'm not running Mavericks. Can you answer / and or re-direcrt?

Many thanks in advance. This is just perplexing!

Jan 22, 2014 3:01 PM in response to aacosta1420

It sounds like you already have 2 versions of Pages on your Mac.

Pages 5 is in your Applications folder.

Pages '09/'08 is in your Applications/iWork folder.

You are alternately opening the wrong versions.

Pages '09/'08 can not open Pages 5 files and you will get the warning that you need a newer version.

Pages 5 can open Pages '09 files but may damage/alter them. It can not open Pages '08 files at all.

Once opened and saved in Pages 5 the Pages '09 files can not be opened in Pages '09.

Anything that is saved to iCloud is also converted to Pages 5 files.

All Pages files no matter what version and incompatibility have the same extension .pages.

Pages 5 files are now only compatible with themselves on a very restricted set of hardware, software and Operating Systems and will not transfer correctly on any other server software than iCloud.

Note: Apple has removed over 100 features from Pages 5 and added many bugs:

http://www.freeforum101.com/iworktipsntrick/viewforum.php?f=22&sid=3527487677f0c 6fa05b6297cd00f8eb9&mforum=iworktipsntrick

Archive/trash Pages 5, after exporting all Pages 5 files to Pages '09 or Word .docx, and rate/review it in the App Store, then get back to work.

Peter

Pages will not update on my mac!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.