Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete Certificates from my system that are committing fraud and using my iCloud account(s)?

I am hacked daily by a remote server @ Inbox. What security can I find to prevent these intrusions?

iPad, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 18, 2013 10:32 PM

2 replies

Nov 19, 2013 8:23 AM in response to kathybabify

If you believe fraud has been committed, please contact your local police. They may want you to preserve related details, or to take other steps.

You might want to bring your Mac to the local Genius Bar for a look and a discussion with the folks there; to see what's going on here. Dealing with a security breach can be fairly complex effort, unfortunately.

Remote unauthorized intrusions on OS X usually involve software that has been installed (and authenticated by a system administrator) that allows the remote access, or cases where the passwords have become known, and sometimes by vulnerable software such as a down-revision or vulnerable version of Oracle Java or Adobe Flash Player. If a remote user has gained administrative access to your system, then restoring from current distributions and setting all new passwords is usually the most reliable path, though figuring out how the attack happened can sometimes be necessary particularly if there's a weakness in some software that's been installed.

Remote unauthorized iOS access is less common (your footer indicates only iOS, though this question is posted in an OS X forum), and that can generally be cleared by resetting your mail server passwords and related. AFAIK, most certificates are local to specific applications on iOS; there's no general user-accessible reset function for those, short of regenerating and resetting and reloading the iOS device.

If you don't want to visit the Apple store and the Genius Bar, then please consider providing some details on the remote accesses and what's happening here, and on what sorts of malicious activity seem to be occurring. If it's a particular server at Inbox, please provide some details of what that server is doing, and how this is connected to your iCloud account, and also a few general details of the sort of fraud that you're reporting. (AFAIK, Inbox.com is a mail provider, and would not normally have access to any digital certificates on your system, and should not have access to any private certificate keys on either iOS or OS X.)

How can I delete Certificates from my system that are committing fraud and using my iCloud account(s)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.