Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I make iWork free on iPad Air?

I bought an iPad Air on Sunday, and to keep that in mind, this was an open box, so they let me 50 dollars off. Anyways, the next day I check on the App Store and it does not say anything about free apple apps. It just show the price. Nothing pops up too... I have tried sign in and out and refreshing it but no difference. Is there any other way to get free apps like iWork?

Posted on Nov 18, 2013 10:49 PM

9 replies

Nov 19, 2013 4:31 AM in response to THCodeArtist1

As I understand it, you activate that ipad. And when you activate that iPad it registers with apple 'ah, bought since September one' and when you go into the app store, you'll see iWorks apps for free as long as you're signed with the apple ID you used to activate that ipad.

The 'freeness' of hte apps are tied to the apple ID. Me, for example, bought my Touch in June so I'm not eligible for free iWorks since I didn't activate a new device after September.

Nov 19, 2013 6:12 PM in response to THCodeArtist1

If you want to setup as new.

Setup as new

Settings>General>Reset>Erase all content and settings

Erase (Twice)

Enter passcode before you are allowed to erase iPad

See Apple on screen

See Apple and progress bar

See Apple on screen

See Apple and progress bar

Slide to setup (Hello screen)

Select Language

Select Country

Choose Wi-Fi Network

Enter Wi-Fi Password

Activating iPad

(a) Ebable Location Service (b) Don't enable Location Service

(a) Set Up as New iPad (b) Restore from iCloud Backup (c) Restore from iTune Backup

(a) Sign-in with Apple ID (b) Skip This Step

Terms and Conditions

(a) Create a Passcode (b) Don't Add Passcode

Diagnostic

(a) Automatically Send (b) Don't Send

Welcome to iPad

Get Started

How can I make iWork free on iPad Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.