Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update deleted all my songs and pictures?

Today I decided to finally update my iPod touch after not having done so for atleast 2 years. Before I updated it I backed it up to my computer. When I completed the update, I saw all my songs, videos, and apps had been deleted. When I went to my iPod iTunes store to redownload all my purchases, it showed I had 499 purchased songs, which is correct. However, downloading it through my iPod was taking too long so I tried to download them again on my computer. When the songs had finished downloading it showed there were only 193 songs. I tried to restore my iPod to the backup, but nothing changed. Everytime I tried the iPod would just start up as if I had just updated it again. Any advice? The restore doesn't seem to be doing anything. I updated from 4.3.3 to 5.1.1

iPod touch, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Nov 18, 2013 11:34 PM

3 replies

Nov 18, 2013 11:54 PM in response to Ingo2711

I know they aren't part of the update, but somehow the update deleted all of it.

I know Apple doesn't read these forums, but I would like to just generally say that I am quite unhappy with Apple products. I have 4 iPods: 2 nanos and 2 touches. I will never be buying another Apple product, as this is not the first time that this has happened. Apple appealed to me because I liked the look of the devices and ease of use, but now that I know there is virtually nothing that can be done when something goes wrong, why bother? I will be recycling all of my Apple products instead of selling them, because I don't like the idea of selling a product that will most likely malfunction to another person.

And yes, I did follow that article.

Update deleted all my songs and pictures?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.