Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I recieve emojis on my iphone 5? My carrier is Cricket and my boyfriends carrier is AT&T. He can recieve my emojis but for some reason I can no longer recieve his. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Can anyone please help me?! Apple and Cricket can't even seem to help me!!

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 18, 2013 11:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2013 12:36 AM

Cricket is not an official carrier for the iPhone. Official carriers are AT&T, Sprint, Verizon and T-Mobile and you do realise that Cricket is a cdma carrier and not GSM?

Perhaps this is why. Rather than contacting Apple, the fact that you cannot send or receive e-mails is the responsibility of your carrier and not Apple, so contact Cricket for a resolution to your problems and not Apple.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2013 12:36 AM in response to Tink1234

Cricket is not an official carrier for the iPhone. Official carriers are AT&T, Sprint, Verizon and T-Mobile and you do realise that Cricket is a cdma carrier and not GSM?

Perhaps this is why. Rather than contacting Apple, the fact that you cannot send or receive e-mails is the responsibility of your carrier and not Apple, so contact Cricket for a resolution to your problems and not Apple.

Nov 19, 2013 8:39 AM in response to Ethmoid

Im not having problems with my emails, I'm having problems with the emoji "symbols". I added the emoji keyboard on my phone about 3 weeks ago and my boyfriend (who has AT&T) receives them, but I can no longer recieve his. I did recieve his for about a week and a half but for some reason I'm no longer recieving them. Does it have something to do with the IOS 7.0.3 or the 7.0.4? I just find it very strange that I received them for awhile and now I cannot recieve them at all.

Nov 19, 2013 9:04 AM in response to Kilgore-Trout

Hi! Neither one of us have an emoji app, we just have the emoji keyboards added to our iphones. He has an iphone 4 and he has no problem sending the emojis to other people on other networks. He just has problems sending them to my iphone on the Cricket network. Like I said, I was recieving them for awile, but I'm not getting them anymore. It's very frustrating!! GRR!! Anyone else hanging these issues??

Why can't I recieve emojis on my iphone 5? My carrier is Cricket and my boyfriends carrier is AT&T. He can recieve my emojis but for some reason I can no longer recieve his. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.