Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change listserv message size

Hello!

When trying to use a group-email for 10.9 server I experience the problem, that the message size of these group emails is set to 40960 byte which for my purpose is by far too low. The "normal" message size setting for postfix seems of no influence on that behaviour as I set it to 50 MB.

Any hints available? Is there some hidden configuration option, where I can increase the message size of emails to be forwarded by "listserv"?

Thanks

Andi

several-OTHER, OS X Server, Mavericks 10.9

Posted on Nov 19, 2013 12:19 AM

2 replies

Nov 19, 2013 6:56 AM in response to andipilz

AFAIK there's no mailing list list server that's part of OS X Server in 10.9, unless it's been installed locally.

If the LSoft LISTSERV software has been added, then see Chapter 22 of the Site Administration section for details on managing the maximum message size; that document is here. (I don't see a way to post a direct link to the specific LISTSERV documentation page.)

In 10.6, the mailing list server was mailman, and the setting was available via Server Admin > Mail > Settings > Mailing Lists > select and edit the mailing list in the left column.

Nov 20, 2013 2:13 AM in response to MrHoffman

Dear MrHoffmann,

I beg to differ as there is apparently such minimum functionality in Mavericks Server: when you create a user group, you will find a checkmark to supply a mailing list and corresponding email address to the list. This generates some additional aliasses in the Mail/Config directory pointing to a program called "list_server_post" giving the options post and group name as parameters.

I checked the docs of LSoft's page but that didn't help me any further. I am sure, it is not MailMan - as you state - because that I know by heart from 10.6 and other installations I had of MailMan.

Regads

Andi

P.S.: there is a similar thread ongoing here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5508396

How to change listserv message size

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.