Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get iSync to work on Maverick?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)

Posted on Nov 19, 2013 1:35 AM

9 replies

Sep 3, 2014 1:25 PM in response to sg-porchej

It was working under snow leopard.

When I start it up now, isync crashes.

I tried setting it up to run in 32 bit mode by using the get info and checking the 32 bit box.

However it still crashes.

Someone with access to the source code to Isync is going to have to fix this it looks like in mavericks.

With Apple's iPhone, there is probably no incentive for Apple to do so.

However, if they wanted to support their macintosh sales, they should fix this.

The lone way I see this working is to keep an old system on an old drive somewhere with iSync and boot off the old drive on occasion.

One would have to somehow copy the new contact data base and move it over to the old system.

Contacting Apple and complaining may help if enough people do so.

Better yet, ask those at the genius bar how to get iSync to work.

Sep 3, 2014 3:18 PM in response to Lukcresdera

Did you read it carefully?

OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 and later

SyncServices is included as a framework in OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 and later. It is used to synchronize the following data:

Contacts and Calendars with iOS devices connected over USB (using iTunes 11.2 or later)

OS X Mountain Lion

SyncServices is included as a framework in OS X Mountain Lion. It is used to synchronize the following data:

Contacts, Calendars, and Mail settings between iCal, Address Book, Mail and third-party applications that use SyncServices

OS X Lion and earlier

SyncServices is included as a framework in OS X Lion and earlier. It is used to synchronize the following data:

Contacts, Calendars, Notes, and Mail settings between iCal, Address Book, Mail and third-party applications that use SyncServices

Can you see the difference?

Sep 3, 2014 3:25 PM in response to Csound1

Mr. Csound1:

I see your point.

However, they are also synching to PCs.

If I can still get a bluetooth pairing between the mac and a phone, all I need is for the hooks between Apple's own iSync to work with its own framework.

When I see it crash, it looks like the points to the framework are incorrect in iSync due to changes in the OS.

Thus, I suspect all that is needed is for someone with access to the source code to update the call out to the framework.

If Apple was really interested in selling more Macs, I would start looking at increasing its communication capabilities with other devices.

They are going the wrong direction in my opinion here.

Sep 3, 2014 3:35 PM in response to Csound1

Sync Services: Advanced troubleshooting for contact and calendar syncing

"

Sync Services: Advanced troubleshooting for contact and calendar syncing

In this trouble shooting article, they mention iSync (item 7) and in item 21 the following:

"Reset the SyncServices folder using the appropriate method for your operating system.

OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 or later."

The article does not apply to Maverics before 10.9.2.

Now I am just investigating this and have so far not had time to look through this trouble shooting.

I see they want us to remove all the old address book files.

In item 22, they discuss re-enabling iSync.

In item 25 it describes using iSync for mobile devices.

The more I read this the more I think we can start using iSync again with Mavericks 10.9.3+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.