Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Option for explicit music in iTunes Radio disappeared

I went into my iTunes Radio and found that it was playing edited songs not the explicit versions. I went to change the slider because I thought it was on "allow explicit tracks". the slider wasn't even there anymore. Any help?

iTunes Radio-OTHER, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 19, 2013 5:20 AM

8 replies

Nov 21, 2013 11:59 AM in response to Cavittcl

Hi Cavittcl,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

The article below may be able to help you with this.

Click on the link to see more details and screenshots.

About iTunes Radio

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5848

Allowing explicit tracks

iTunes Radio by default is set to play tracks not marked as explicit. To enable explicit tracks, tap the Info button (looks like the letter i in a circle) at the top of the screen from within any station. Tap to turn on Allow Explicit Tracks. Enabling explicit tracks will enable explicit tracks for all radio stations on that device. This setting does not sync to other devices.

Cheers,

- Judy

Feb 26, 2014 8:30 AM in response to Cavittcl

I'm having a similar — but exactly opposite — problem right now. iTunes Radio is playing explicit tracks (while driving with my kids in the car) even though I'd previously ensured it was set so they weren't allowed. But like Cavittcl, when I go look for the settings slider described in http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5848, it's not there.

Feb 4, 2015 1:29 AM in response to John Louie Bongabong

Itunes radio block solved.

First go to settings>cellular.. turn off the music app.

This will block cellular data going to the music app.

Next go to your router's webpage and block itunes.apple.com

This will block wifi data going to the music app.

The explicit restriction doesn't work very well and the profane

words were still being heard by my children on their iphone.

I thank God he helped me figure this out

Option for explicit music in iTunes Radio disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.