Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bookmarks, Safari, and Apple Remote Desktop

Hello everyone! I work for a local school district and am looking for a little assitance adding bookmarks to one of my labs. I found an article that was very similar to my situation, but doesn't directly answer my question. Here is a link to that article: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2318220?start=0&tstart=0

First of all I have several labs with about 30 iMac's in each one. Each computer has anywhere from 10 to 30 students logging into it. What I am trying to do is send out a saved Bookmarks.plist to all users on the machine through ARD. The above article had a great idea but it's only going to add the bookmarks for one account and I need to add to all accounts on the machine. I do have each machine set to create a local account on login so all the local accounts are there wating to go, I just need a good way to push my bookmarks. Is there a way to alter ~/Library/Safari/Bookmarks.plist to write to all user accounts? Something similar to %USERPROFILE% under windows? I also found a link to a big long Unix command that referenced > 500 users and I could never get it to work. It was simply adding links to the existing Bookmars.plist, which I am ok with also. Any help is GREATLY appreciated as I have exhausted my search and it is very frustrating for the teachers to have to walk 1st and 2nd graders through typing in a URL!

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Nov 19, 2013 6:29 AM

There are no replies.

Bookmarks, Safari, and Apple Remote Desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.