Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wi-Fi and Kiosk App

Hey All-

I have a bunch of iPads in an Enterprise enviornment that are used as conference room calendar displays. We use EWS for the calendaring data and these iPads remain on 24/7/356. We use the Kiosk Pro app and have very few issues with it. We do have an issue where the iPad stops receiveing data however, despite showing a connection to Wifi on the iPad, the only way to refresh it and have it pull down fresh data is to turn Airplane mode on then off.

I am wondering if there is any means to have the iPad do this automatically at a set interval? An app that would turn wifi off then back on on a timer I can set. I would explore jailbreaking if that was the only means.

Does anyone know of a method that might help?

Thanks so much for any ideas!

Jesse

Posted on Nov 19, 2013 8:43 AM

1 reply

Apr 26, 2017 11:19 PM in response to jhurlbs81

Hi,

I've the same problem. Those iPads would somehow disconnected from WiFi network after running for 20+ days. However, it can be automatically resumed in 60 minutes without intervention. I guess it is not the problem of Kiosk Pro app but rather iPad's problem. One thing I found that the suitation is better when using IP address instead of hostname in the address URL.

Any solution yet?

Thanks

Wi-Fi and Kiosk App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.