427 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2013 10:15 AM by John Galt
- Boot OS X Recovery by holding ⌘ and r (two fingers) while you start your Mac.
- When the Mac OS X Utilities screen appears, select Utilities > Terminal.
- In the Terminal window type resetpassword and press Enter. A window will open behind Terminal that looks like this:
Do not enter a new password.
- Select your startup volume at the top. From the dropdown below it, select the user account with the problem.
- At the bottom of the window, you will see Reset Home Directory Permissions and ACLs.
- Click the Reset button.
- Quit Reset Password
- Quit Terminal
- Quit OS X Utilities and restart your Mac.