Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am having problems adding my Disney digital copy of Planes to my iPad :(

am having problems adding my Disney digital copy of Planes to my iPad :(

iPad, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 19, 2013 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2013 1:11 PM

Hey Magmafrog,

I'd read up on the following document, which goes over iTunes Digital Copies and how to redeem them, including what to do if you're having trouble:

Redeeming an iTunes Digital Copy

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1539

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

Best,

Delgadoh

8 replies

Dec 12, 2013 10:27 AM in response to Magmafrog

I just heard back from Disney about this after exchanging a few emails with them. Their first response was that they were sorry I was having difficulties and told me to email a different dept. or call them.

That dept.'s response: "Digital providers will vary for some Digital Copy Titles. Planes DVD set was not released with an iTunes Digital Copy."

That is completely misleading. When I buy a DVD with a digital copy, that should mean that it will work on my iPad. Not impressed.

Dec 12, 2013 11:00 AM in response to ylepage

I spoke with Disney, and it is part of they're product packaging. You only get an iTunes digital copy if you get the Blue Ray version and we purchased the DVD set. I ended up claiming the copy through Amazon and was pretty pleased with it. I can use the Amazon app to take the video offline, as well as push to my Apple TV.

Bonus was that I could also access a lot of free content to stream through my Amazon Prime account. So this opened a new door, and I've greatly limited my use of iTunes.

Hope that helps,

Andrew

Jan 21, 2014 7:28 AM in response to Magmafrog

I had same problem but this fixed it. Go to WWW.DigitalCopyPlus.com/Planes Enter your digital copy code there and then it will ask where you would like to redeem the movie....I chose iTunes. When I clicked iTunes it then was directed to the redeem code page on the iTunes where it automatically inputted a code into that bar (I noticed that this code was different than my code I have on my paper). It then worked. I was already logged into the iTunes store so I would do that first so there is no problems with having to log in then be directed back to the redeem code site.

Aaron

I am having problems adding my Disney digital copy of Planes to my iPad :(

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.