Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Selected 'wallpaper' appears in Camera Roll

I have selected a particular image as my 'wallpaper' from the ones provided in my iPhone 3G. After syncing with my computer, that image appears in Camera Roll on my 'phone. How? Why?

Shoukd it be doing that? It means that there is a danger that if I sync photos, the wallpaper image will be synced to iPhoto, and the next time back to the iPhone. Before I realized what was happening, I ended up with 5 copies of the wallpaper image in the Albums on the 'phone.

I should be grateful to be told (a) why this is happening, and (b) how to stop it (other than by deleting the image from the 'phone before each sync operation).

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Nov 19, 2013 11:08 AM

1 reply

Dec 29, 2013 6:59 AM in response to Michael Graubart

I have made a discovery concerning this bizarre phenomenon. It has nothing to do with syncing.

I keep my 'phone in a soft, felt-like Apple pouch. If I withdraw it only just enough to allow me to switch on the 'phone by means of the on-off button at the top (not the Home button at the bottom), the 'phone sometimes photographs its own startup screen — wallpaper, time, date and all. I have not been able to discover why it does this sometimes but not always, nor why it does it at all, though it may have something to do with the pressure exerted by the thumb of my left hand (holding the 'phone in its pouch) as I press the on-off button with my right hand. So the syncing mystery has dissolved, only to be replaced by another.

I now know how to prevent my album from filling up with unwanted replicas of the startup screen, but I should still be interested to learn what the reason for this strange behaviour is.

Selected 'wallpaper' appears in Camera Roll

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.