Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong name showing on my iCloud mail, even though the correct name is on my iCloud

Hi there,

My husband surprised me with an iPad the first year they came out. However, when he bought it, he used his name but my email address when he ordered it & had it set up. No matter how many times I have changed it, it still shows up in weird places, like now it shows his name when I send out emails from my new iCloud email account, even though when I look at my account, it shows my name not his, so I don't know where the problem is or how to fix it. It is the same whether I am on my iPhone, iPad, or PC. Thanks for any helpful suggestions you can give me! Julie P.S. Now I see above it says "Welcome, leofromchaska" which I have never seen before (his name is Leo, but I haven't ever seen him use that ID), and I am on MY PC!

iPad, iOS 4.3.3, Technical novice!

Posted on Nov 19, 2013 11:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 8:07 AM

I went to settings/icloud/account/advanced/mail/name

and there it was! My husband's name instead of mine. I changed it and that was it

5 replies

Nov 19, 2013 12:32 PM in response to leofromchaska

According to your profile (and activity list) this ID was created on the forum in 2011 and was last used to post a little over a year ago. This is not your Apple Id, however, nor should it have any impact on your email account..

Do you have an entry in your Contaacts app for the email in question? If so, what is on it? And what is set as your contact in settings? (Settings app > Mail,Contacts,Calendars > [scroll down to Contcats] > My Info ?

Jun 13, 2015 3:17 AM in response to david.2011

Hi my name is Jan I just purchased the iphone 6 plus love it, I had the ipjone 5 but now I have the icloud email my question is may i change the name that shows after I send an email, I do not want my last name displayed and if possible I usually use my maiden name that shows when I send an email out to someone, I hope this makes sense.

I went where you said and changed it there the above answer you provided, and also is there a way which I do not think there is when I send an email from my icloud email address the reply says my primary email to reply to with the apple account?? May I make my icloud email the primary hope this makes sense confused apologies??

When I send an email I want the reply to address to be my icloud one?

Thanks have a great day God Bless,

Jan

Wrong name showing on my iCloud mail, even though the correct name is on my iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.