Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad Issues since updating to Mavericks

I have a Mid 2010 MBP, which I recently updated to Mavericks. Ever since the update I've had two issues: intermittent graphics glitches around my dock and application labels etc (a quick search showed that this is quite common and has no fix yet...), and a really frustrating issue with my trackpad. After a certain amount of uptime - sometimes as little as a few minutes, sometimes hours - my trackpad decides it is now in charge and goes crazy, clicking, dragging, scrolling and opening exposé (essentially, performing all of the touch functions on its own). I've searched and found many people have had similar issues with trackpads, but not intermittently like mine - a restart temporarily remedies the problem. I've reset NVRAM and the SMC, cleaned out the trackpad, reinstalled Mav from scratch after completely reformatting my hard drive, and yet it's still being a nuisance. I really don't want to have to downgrade, is there anything else I can try??

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 19, 2013 11:52 AM

3 replies

Nov 23, 2013 10:14 AM in response to StJC

No, lots of people seem to have the issue and it doesn't seem that any amount of safe mode booting et al is going to help. Just wait for the upgrade, you can turn off gestures if you and just have a basic trackpad until then. I'm leaving everything on- good to have a mouse on hand when the trackpad acts up.

It's the 10.9.0 upgrade- bound to have issues. Good luck.

Trackpad Issues since updating to Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.