Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

manual setup

I'm baffled by the new Airport Utility... It will not allow a manual setup of a new base station.

I have purchased a new Airport Extreme. I want to manually configure it and send it to my aunt's house. I know all of her network settings, and want to set this up accordingly, but the new setup utility will ONLY allow me to add it to my own network! It further, won't let me set it up as a "new network", where I could put her settings, because it is not connected to broadband.

THIS IS CRAZY!!!!! I just can't stand it when they remove my choices, and "guess" what I want!

Somebody PLEASE... How can I manually set this thing up?!?!?

NONE of the older Airport utilities seem to run under Mavericks!

Posted on Nov 19, 2013 1:00 PM

1 reply

Nov 19, 2013 1:53 PM in response to paul4work

You cannot "manually" set up an AirPort device initially using the 6.x versions of AirPort Utility.

However, once you have saved any configuration, you can go back in and manually make any changes that you want.

Open AirPort Utility 6.x

Click on the AirPort icon, then click Edit

This will bring up a window that allows you adjust different items. Click on the tabs at the top of the window to open up new pages for different settings. In the example below, I have clicked the Wireless tab. More settings are available under the Wireless Options button.

User uploaded file

NONE of the older Airport utilities seem to run under Mavericks!

Correct. If you want to run a 5.x version of AirPort Utility, you need a Mac running Leopard or Snow Leopard.

Finally, it won't do any good to complain here. If you want to reach Apple to tell them what you want, please use the link below:

Apple - AirPort Extreme - Feedback

manual setup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.