Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What Do I do When it Takes More Than 10 Minutes for my GMail to Load in Mail? Help!

Ever since I upgraded to Mavericks on my MacBook Pro I have been having terrible problems with my Mail. Sometimes it hangs, not loading anything - Inbox, Trash, etc are all empty. Sometimes I have to check my Gmail on their webpage because the messages take so long to reach Mail.

Right now it is almost 10 minutes and STILL no new mail in my Inbox although I have checked several times. I know I have some mail because I checked on my Gmail webpage.

What should I do? Should I Trash my Gmail account on Mail and start all over again? How do I save my messages and folders of messages?

This is a drag.

Not only am I having trouble with Mail since I got Mavericks, I can't use Safari anymore because it is too sluggish and either freezes or crashes constantly. What a bunch of junk.

Sorry, I'm kind of cranky about this.

iWeb-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 19, 2013 1:26 PM

2 replies

Nov 19, 2013 1:33 PM in response to alexis1234

Try deleting the cache.db associated with Safari.

Open the Finder. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following:

~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db

Click Go then move the Cache.db file to the Trash.

Quit and relaunch Safari then try Gmail.

There is a Mavericks / Gmail update available > OS X: About Mail Update for Mavericks

You can avoid accessing your Gmail account via browser.

Open Mac Mail. From the menu bar click Mail > Preferences > Accounts > Account Informatin then click ➕ to add your Gmail account. That way you don't need to Safari to access your Gmail account.

Nov 19, 2013 1:50 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

I don't get why I would delete the cache in Safari when it is Mail that is giving me trouble?

I already have my Gmail account in Mac Mail. That is what I'm having trouble with. My emails aren't loading in Mac Mail.

Thanks.

BTW It's now 15 minutes and I still haven't gotten my Gamil in Mac Mail yet. This is the longest it's ever taken so far.

What Do I do When it Takes More Than 10 Minutes for my GMail to Load in Mail? Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.