Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

white screen of death

my ipod has the white screen of death, but my power button doesn't work. is there any way i can fix this without reseting it? i have a ton of pictures that i can't lose.

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.5

Posted on Nov 19, 2013 2:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2013 2:15 PM

No, there is no way to fix it without restoring it which will delete everything. It would be better to take it in to your local Apple Store to see if they can recover your data for you while they also fix your phone. Use the link below to set up a Genius appointment at your local Apple retailer.

Genius Appointment

3 replies

Nov 19, 2013 2:15 PM in response to lindseydiana

Try:

- Try to backup and and then import the photos into your computer

iOS: Importing personal photos and videos from iOS devices to your computer

If yuu can't do that then likey the contents of the iPod are lost.

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

When it says place the iPOd in recovery mode use one of these programs.

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Sep 30, 2014 6:46 PM in response to lindseydiana

TRY A THREE FINGER DOUBLE TAP ON THE SCREEN...

This worked for me as my magnification can be screwy at times, and zoom in all the way to the point where I don't even see anything.

I honestly can't believe this hasn't been mentioned... go to the screen when it lit up white and use 3 fingers simultaneously to double tap the screen.

Could save you losing everything and buying a whole new phone, for something so easy a fix.

Again, you're white screen problem might be something else, but its worth a try.

Sam

white screen of death

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.