Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi how do i get online with the mac panther (os x 10.3.3)? Please help!

Hi I have just purchased my first Mac- a mac panther OS X 10.3.3 (yes i know its old!)

I have a PAYG 3 ZTE dongle which I have been wanting to use to get online on my Mac.

I have checked the system requirements for my dongle and it needs os x 10.5 and newer. I have tried to download a combined update for my operating system from this site and have then tried to install on the mac but it says it can not support that software,

I have a MIFI on contract arriving tomorrow from 3 but i suspect as that is even newer it will proove even more difficult to use that to get online and the Mac doesnt have wifi. Do you know if there is a wifi adapter you can use on this mac to find wifi connections?

Or do you know how i can get on with my PAYG dongle/ is there any other way of getting online with an Airport card or something?

Your help would be greatly valued because as you can probably tell as i am a newbie in the Mac World!

Thanks for all your help!

Alicia

emac panther OS X 10.3.3 -OTHER, Mac OS X (10.3.x), trying to get online with a 3 dongl

Posted on Nov 19, 2013 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2013 2:43 PM

1. You need to buy a retail Mac OS X 10.5 DVD from a source such as Amazon or eBay.

2. You need an AirPort card compatible with that model of eMac or an USB or Ethernet 802.11 component.

(93018)

4 replies

Hi how do i get online with the mac panther (os x 10.3.3)? Please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.