Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't get my calender to allow me to add events.

I've tried turning my calender on in iCloud and then turning it off but the plus symbol to add an event in the calender app stays gray and I cannot add anything. I've also tried completely closing all my apps, clearing history and cookies, and turning my phone off and back on again. Nothing is fixing this issue. Can someone please help me??? I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I don't use iCloud... At all. I don't like it so I don't even have iCloud turned on.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 19, 2013 3:38 PM

9 replies

Nov 19, 2013 4:35 PM in response to sedobson1984

After contacting an Apple support tech, WHO ACTUALLY DID HELP ME!!!!!, I learned that I don't have to have calendar in iCloud turned on! I synced my Yahoo calendar with my iPhone and although it doesn't actually transfer my events over from Yahoo, I am now able to add events through the app and iCloud is turned OFF! So thank you to Henry, the Apple Support tech!

I can't get my calender to allow me to add events.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.