Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers 3.0 and Pages 5.0 Mail Merge?

How can I do a merge with data from Numbers, into fields in my Pages document? I know years ago I was able to do it, but now I can't find how to do it, or anything about it in the help sections.

I don't have iWork, just the newest Numbers and Pages.

Pages 5.0 & Numbers 3.0-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 19, 2013 5:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2013 5:57 PM

Can't be done. Apple removed those features, along with many others ( e.g., vertical ruler, 2-up view, bookmarks, ability to view comments in sidebar, rtf support, hyperlinks, selecting non-contiguous text, customizable toolbar, images in headers/footers, etc., etc). You can, however, make a poster of an upcoming Eddie Cue concert and collaborate on it with a friend.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2013 5:57 PM in response to violets69

Can't be done. Apple removed those features, along with many others ( e.g., vertical ruler, 2-up view, bookmarks, ability to view comments in sidebar, rtf support, hyperlinks, selecting non-contiguous text, customizable toolbar, images in headers/footers, etc., etc). You can, however, make a poster of an upcoming Eddie Cue concert and collaborate on it with a friend.

Dec 16, 2013 9:32 AM in response to violets69

There is a temporary solution if you don't mind going back to Pages '09 with your new Pages 5 document. Pages 5.0 gives you a choice export your Pages 5 document as "Pages '09". Export as "Pages '09" (make sure to label it as created for merging) and then open in previous version of Pages. Updating to Pages 5 did not destroy your previous 4.3 version. It's in your apps!

Now! If you were using a Numbers spreadsheet for your data source, and have also upgraded to the newer version on Numbers, you can follow the same workflow. You will have to export your spreadsheet as Numbers '09 and use that as your merge source. SO you will have to continue to open and work with your Pages '09 and Numbers '09 documents to do your merges until Apples provides us an update containing a mail merge workflow. Ugly I know, but it will tie you over. Apple never leaves you hangin' forever.

Numbers 3.0 and Pages 5.0 Mail Merge?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.