Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 8.0.6 will not work with Mavericks, cannot upgrade to new iMovie

Hi everyone,

iMovie 8.0.6 is the current version I have. It opens fine but when trying to record within iMove, it will not recognize the iSight camera. This is an issue recognized by Apple. They say you need at least version 9.0.9 of iMovie. I cannot download iMovie 10.0 from the App store because my video card will not support it. I need version 9.0.9. My girlfriend has 9.0.4 on her computer, so I installed it on my computer, and tried to use the 9.0.9 upgrade i found on the apple website. When I open the package and try to install, I get a message saying "this version of iMovie needs to be updated through the App store." I go to the App store, it prompts me to download iMovie 10.0. I accept and it will not download because of my video card not supporting it! I've been trying to figure this out for 2 weeks. HELP ME PLEASE!

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Posted on Nov 19, 2013 8:00 PM

3 replies

iMovie 8.0.6 will not work with Mavericks, cannot upgrade to new iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.