Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help!!! My Ipod Shuffle 2nd Gen is not powering up...

Help!!! My 2nd gen IPod Shuffle is not powering up or charging ...Every time when I plug it in, it simply flashes in Orange for 5 seconds & it goes blank. No other light comes on, it refuses to turn on.

It also shows up as 'device not recognised' on my PC...It is not charging either. I am unable to acces it via itunes...also I tried my friends same model shuffle & it works just fine & perfect. I used my charger cable & PC on her shuffle and it works out fine. So I figured it has to be a problem with MY IPod...Please help me since this keeps me going everyday...I cant live without my music... 😟 I Have tried to reset it, but it doesnt seem to work since no lights are flashing... 😟

iPod shuffle, Windows Vista

Posted on Nov 20, 2013 3:15 AM

1 reply

Nov 20, 2013 11:29 AM in response to Muhannadh.Aasir

You have done good troubleshooting and have ruled out possible causes, such as a software issue on the computer, problem with USB port, and faulty USB cable. The remaining cause is a problem on the shuffle, and since this is a 2nd gen shuffle, which is now about 5 or 6 years old (and it sounds like you use it a lot), the most likely explanation is that the shuffle's battery is worn out and has exceeded the max number of charging cycles.

Help!!! My Ipod Shuffle 2nd Gen is not powering up...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.