Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exchange account asks for password

Hello all,

I added an exchange account to Mail and when I at work it works fine. I can check my emails, look at the calander, contacts sync, notes can be accessed, and reminders show. When I leave, Mail continously asks for my credentials nd can not connect. I ran the connection doctor and the status light is red and the details say the following; Trying to log in to this Exchange account failed. Verify that the username and password are correct. The inforation I enter is correct or else I would not be able to use my laptop at work.

As a side note, I have the account connected to the account on my iPad and iPhone and they are not having any issues connecting to the server or recieving and sending email. It does have a domain name entered in the account on both and I can not see anywhere to enter a domain name.

Does anyone know how to connect an Exchange account that works on the iOS devices but has issues off site on computer?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Nov 20, 2013 3:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2013 4:35 AM

Try going to system preferences, internet accounts.

Remove the account and try adding it again?

2 replies

Exchange account asks for password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.