Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MAC APP STORE Flickers and freezes download

Hi,

After I bought an Samsung SSD drive for my mac and installed everything with succes, I encountered a big problem when I was trying to update to Mavericks (so I can restore from my TM)

I go to the APP STORE, click on OSX MAVERICKS, update, download.
It lauches the download on the apps page, BUT if I go then to the appstore purchases page, mavericks on top is flickering, no text available, just the buttons design and color.

Restart didn't fix the problem, PRAM neither ,or reformating ...

So I'm a bit frustrated now... if I don't update to mavericks I can't restore from my TIME MACHINE...

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 20, 2013 5:00 AM

9 replies

Nov 20, 2013 6:04 AM in response to felipesilverlux

Hey!

The problem is persistent with Mac AppStore!!!!

• iTune works just fine unless I try to connect to iTune store it starts to freeze and not responding .....so I have to Force to Quit
  • iBook is very slow to start "five minutes" after I press on application and once I connect to store... Freeze and not responding....so I have "you know the rest"

I tried number of solutions suggested by others in previous threads and posts BUT NOTHING WORKS!!

I already downloaded Mavericks "OS X 10.9" just fine from App store and worked ok with me...i dont know what is the problem

BTW: iOS "iPad" stores are fine and I have no problem with my account

Please Help!!!

Nov 20, 2013 2:08 PM in response to felipesilverlux

Launch the Console application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad. Click Utilities, then Console in the icon grid.

Select

/var/log install.log

from the hierarchical list on the left. If you don't see that list, select

View Show Log List

from the menu bar. Then select the messages from the last installation or update attempt, starting from the time when you initiated it. If you're not sure when that was, start over and note the time. Copy them to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. Paste into a reply to this message (command-V).

If there are runs of repeated messages, post only one example of each. Don’t post many repetitions of the same message.

When posting a log extract, be selective. Don't post more than is requested.

Please do not indiscriminately dump thousands of lines from the log into this discussion.

Important: Some private information, such as your name, may appear in the log. Edit it out by search-and-replace in a text editor before posting.

Nov 20, 2013 6:31 PM in response to Linc Davis

Thank You for helping!

OK...I understand nothing but I tried my best to differentiate what you are looking for and i hope that I got it right. "though i start see things in two"!!!!!

Then this the first irrigular message

--------------------------------------------------------- Begin --

System Version 10.9 (Build 13A603)

"gamed" Version ? (1)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Nov 12 16:15:58 SVVSs-MacBook-Pro.local gamed[194]: CKClientDispatch: Timeout occurred invoking selector storeFrontID on class StoreClientController with object (null)

Nov 12 16:16:33 SVVSs-MacBook-Pro.local appstoreupdateagent[348]:

"appstoreupdateagent" Version ? (?)

Nov 12 16:16:33 SVVSs-MacBook-Pro.local appstoreupdateagent[348]: appstoreupdateagent: Staring up...

Nov 12 16:16:33 SVVSs-MacBook-Pro.local appstoreupdateagent[348]: appstoreupdateagent: creating XPC listener

Nov 12 16:16:33 SVVSs-MacBook-Pro.local appstoreupdateagent[348]: appstoreupdateagent: resuming connection on startup

Nov 12 16:16:33 SVVSs-MacBook-Pro.local appstoreupdateagent[348]: appstoreupdateagent: message send is pending, calling dispatch_main

Nov 12 16:16:33 SVVSs-MacBook-Pro.local appstoreupdateagent[348]: appstoreupdateagent: received XPC_TYPE_CONNECTION event on listener

Nov 12 16:16:33 SVVSs-MacBook-Pro.local appstoreupdateagent[348]: appstoreupdateagent: resuming connection after event

Nov 13 19:19:34 SVVSs-MacBook-Pro.local App Store[6022]:

"App Store" Version 1.3 (201)

Nov 13 19:19:34 SVVSs-MacBook-Pro.local App Store[6022]: FRStoreViewController: Using process-per-webview model for identifier primary

Nov 13 19:20:04 SVVSs-MacBook-Pro.local App Store[6022]: CKClientDispatch: Timeout occurred invoking selector storeFrontID on class StoreClientController with object (null)

Nov 13 19:20:34 SVVSs-MacBook-Pro.local App Store[6022]: CKClientDispatch: Timeout occurred invoking selector storeFrontID on class StoreClientController with object (null)

Nov 13 19:20:34 SVVSs-MacBook-Pro.local App Store[6022]: APAppDelegate: Main window NIB load started 60.4164 seconds after launch

Nov 13 19:20:34 SVVSs-MacBook-Pro.local App Store[6022]: FRStoreViewController: Store state changed to splash (loading)

Nov 13 19:21:04 SVVSs-MacBook-Pro.local App Store[6022]: CKClientDispatch: Timeout occurred invoking selector isValidWithInfo: on class BagController with object {

bagType = 1;

}

Nov 13 19:21:16 SVVSs-MacBook-Pro.local App Store[6067]:

This is the latest message that came out after I tried to start App Store

"App Store" Version 1.3 (201)

Nov 20 18:38:42 SVVSs-MacBook-Pro.local App Store[13422]: FRStoreViewController: Using process-per-webview model for identifier primary

Nov 20 18:39:12 SVVSs-MacBook-Pro.local App Store[13422]: CKClientDispatch: Timeout occurred invoking selector storeFrontID on class StoreClientController with object (null)

Nov 20 18:39:42 SVVSs-MacBook-Pro.local App Store[13422]: CKClientDispatch: Timeout occurred invoking selector storeFrontID on class StoreClientController with object (null)

Nov 20 18:40:12 SVVSs-MacBook-Pro.local App Store[13422]: CKClientDispatch: Timeout occurred invoking selector storeFrontID on class StoreClientController with object (null)

Nov 20 18:40:42 SVVSs-MacBook-Pro.local App Store[13422]: CKClientDispatch: Timeout occurred invoking selector storeFrontID on class StoreClientController with object (null)

Nov 20 18:40:42 SVVSs-MacBook-Pro.local App Store[13422]: APAppDelegate: Main window NIB load started 120.3406 seconds after launch

Nov 20 18:40:42 SVVSs-MacBook-Pro.local App Store[13422]: FRStoreViewController: Store state changed to splash (loading)

Nov 20 18:41:12 SVVSs-MacBook-Pro.local App Store[13422]: CKClientDispatch: Timeout occurred invoking selector isValidWithInfo: on class BagController with object {

bagType = 1;

}

Thanks Again

Nov 20, 2013 10:43 PM in response to SVVS

I have a solution that just work for me :

Quit the app store. then

1. Open Terminal

2. Enter

defaults write com.apple.appstore ShowDebugMenu -bool true

3. Relaunch the AppStore

4. Choose the menu item Debug Menu -> Reset App

5. Choose in one of the menus Check for Available Downloads…

6. restart the download

My download just finished few minutes ago so I think it work 🙂

Nov 21, 2013 5:40 PM in response to felipesilverlux

I am having the same exact issue as you are OP.

Thus far, I have removed ~/Library storeagent and appstore plists, caches, and saved application state, as well as the /Library/Updates folder.

I worked with AppleCare for about an hour tonight and did a lot of systematic troubleshooting, and found out the issue occurs on EVERY user, meaning it's system-wise.

Ultimately, we decided to perform an archive an install from the recovery partition, to resolve what should be a system-related App-store issue.

Did not fix.

So now I'm baffled. Other apps download fine. It is only Mavericks that does not. This kind of symptom should not ever require an erase and install of the system, so I'm at a loss.

Nov 22, 2013 4:14 AM in response to felipesilverlux

I also see timeouts in appstore.log. I wonder if this could be DNS-related. It't not unheard of that even major players mess up DNS resolution for their core services. I'll have to dig out some network analysis tools to check further.

Nov 22 12:43:29 Pers-MacBook-Pro.local com.apple.WebKit.WebContent[1021]: CKClientDispatch: Timeout occurred invoking selector softwareLibraryIdentifier on class StoreClientController with object (null)

Nov 22 12:43:55 Pers-MacBook-Pro.local App Store[1099]: CKClientDispatch: Timeout occurred invoking selector storeFrontID on class StoreClientController with object (null)

Nov 22 12:44:25 Pers-MacBook-Pro.local App Store[1099]: CKClientDispatch: Timeout occurred invoking selector storeFrontID on class StoreClientController with object (null)

Nov 22 12:44:25 Pers-MacBook-Pro.local App Store[1099]: APAppDelegate: Main window NIB load started 60.7226 seconds after launch

Nov 22 12:44:25 Pers-MacBook-Pro.local App Store[1099]: FRStoreViewController: Store state changed to splash (loading)

Nov 22 12:44:55 Pers-MacBook-Pro.local App Store[1099]: CKClientDispatch: Timeout occurred invoking selector isValidWithInfo: on class BagController with object {

bagType = 1;

}

Nov 22 12:45:26 Pers-MacBook-Pro.local App Store[1099]: CKClientDispatch: Timeout occurred invoking selector primaryAccount on class AccountStore with object (null)

Nov 22 12:56:22 Pers-MacBook-Pro.local App Store[1099]: CKClientDispatch: Timeout occurred invoking selector primaryAccount on class AccountStore with object (null)

Nov 22 12:56:52 Pers-MacBook-Pro.local App Store[1099]: CKClientDispatch: Timeout occurred invoking selector primaryAccount on class AccountStore with object (null)

MAC APP STORE Flickers and freezes download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.