Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ith my last name listed before my first name

I have several computers with MacOS 10.7 or 10.8. Emails sent from all computers except one show up in my inbox as First name, Last name in the sender list. Only emails from one computer have the first and last name reversed.

I presume it is a setting in the sender's computer, but I haven't been able to correct it.

The Contact card is correct, the mail name in Preferences seems OK,.

Any suggestions where I might find the reason this particular computer sends the name in reverse order?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 20, 2013 5:35 AM

2 replies

Nov 20, 2013 7:29 AM in response to sanjampet

Contacts are OK. I can't find any preference settings for how the name is organized when being composed on the senders's computer, only how they show up in that user's own viewer window.

I had not even thought of the issue until I did a sort by name and this person's emails were last name then first on the sort on my compue=ter. Everyone else was OK so it must be incorrectly marking the names as first and Last when sending the message.

ith my last name listed before my first name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.