Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail.App eMail Settings for OS X Mavericks

Having recently experinced several issues with the Mail App using outllook.com eMail accounts, I became frustrated after attempting the many different types of server settings suggestions foating around online, none of which seemed to fix the problem, in fact one particular server setting suggestion for the "Incoming server" (s.outlook.com) caused the Mail App to crashj on several ocassions.

Prior to installing this update, it is rocommened to back up your date.

1) Open the Mail App then select Mail--Preferences--then once the box opens, select the Blue @ icon for account information.

2) Select the last oprion

"Add other mail account"

3) Select the IMAP option and input your details, Name, email address and password.

4) INCOMING MAIL SERVER is

imap-mail.outlook.com

5) The 2 boxes, (Enable this account & Use only this server should both be ticked.

7) OUTGIONG SERVER

smtp.live.com

Port : 993

Use SSL : Ticked

Authentication : password

Use IDLE command if the server supports it : Ticked

All other boxes should be ticked.

I have several outllook email account, both outllook.com & outlook.com.au, and they all work pefectly now.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9), MacBook Pro Retina 15 inch ME664X/A

Posted on Nov 20, 2013 8:02 AM

2 replies

May 5, 2014 1:57 PM in response to Koenigsegg769

I have exactly the same settings done automatically but sometimes I just don't recieve the email. While my iPhone have recieved it a few hours earlier, my Mac with Mavericks haven't. I, sometimes, have to put the account offline and then back online in order to get new mail. Doesn't happen always but still does and it's quite boring.

Mail.App eMail Settings for OS X Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.