Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What Happened To Email Under "Sharing"

I could have sworn that there was an option to email still included in 2013, and to do so specifically as a PDF, Word, or Pages file. I cannot find this option, and I don't know where I would go to enable it. Is this one of the missing features? I don't mind exporting and then attaching, but it is a couple of extra steps. At this point, all I get are the options to Message or AirDrop. I could share via iCloud, but I know a number of people who specifically want PDF (or Word) files.

User uploaded file

OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 20, 2013 7:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2013 7:58 AM

Came up with my own solution... And I'm a little frustrated.

So, if you have a thrid party email client (Sparrow in my case), and that email client is selected as your default mail reader, you lose Mail as a sharing option. Uncheck default mail reader and you get the option to email, but only through Mail.

Why disable something as a sharing option just because it isn't your primary reader for a file type? Grrr. Least "Apple Like" move I can think of.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2013 7:58 AM in response to cpdphotog

Came up with my own solution... And I'm a little frustrated.

So, if you have a thrid party email client (Sparrow in my case), and that email client is selected as your default mail reader, you lose Mail as a sharing option. Uncheck default mail reader and you get the option to email, but only through Mail.

Why disable something as a sharing option just because it isn't your primary reader for a file type? Grrr. Least "Apple Like" move I can think of.

What Happened To Email Under "Sharing"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.