Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External Video Output from LPX

Is there any way to play an external video feed out of Logic Pro X as it is in Logic Pro 9?

I am using a BlackMagic UltraStudio mini Monitor video card that works with every other app but not LPX. Even in LP9 there is no problem with the video output but there isn't even an option for outputting video from LPX. If there is I can not find it. At least not under the most obvious locations in the settings menus.

I am NOT looking for a work around. I just want to know how to output external video with Logic Pro X just as easy as with Logic Pro 9.

Logic Pro X, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Nov 20, 2013 9:12 AM

7 replies

Nov 20, 2013 12:56 PM in response to PhenexusNet

Who knows... maybe Apple didn't think upgrading Garageband users would need a professional video feed, or perhaps they think that the improved multi-monitor/screen functions in OS Maverick could do the same job?

If anything I'm guessing Apple feels that "style" of video work is old hat and are just not going to support something they believe is on the way out.

External Video Output from LPX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.