Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Manually sync pdf files from iBooks to iPad

Hello,

I use my iPad for work and I store hundreds of technical reference pdf files.

Ever since the forced downgrade from iTunes to iBooks Mavericks, I cannot find a way to manually sync my pdf files library to my iPad.

I have to sync hundreds of pdf books at a time, therefore going through the books page in iTunes and check boxes manually is simply too time consuming.

Is there a better way?

Kind Regards

Luca

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM), iOS 7.0.4, 64Gb

Posted on Nov 20, 2013 9:37 AM

7 replies

Nov 26, 2013 10:43 PM in response to Nbyrne37

I use Dropbox, its free and easy to use. Download to mac and iPad. There is also a free Adobe PDF reader in the store, its worth having that also.

Dropbox ( or any other Cloud service) is also a useful tool to send exported iBooks files to friends and family.

You can use iTunes, and there is a BOOKS section in the drop down menu top left. Open the books section and look for Collections, choose PDF and drag it in.

Also you can use the "Add to Libray" option to select your file.

Macs with Mavericks will probably warn your books have bben moved to the iBooks app... if so open it, and treat like you do itunes ie collections > PDF

Nov 27, 2013 6:48 AM in response to vinnyvg

Guys, There is much more simple than that...

1) Open iTunes

2) connect the ios device

3) On the top right corner click on the iPad button

User uploaded file

4) Make sure that the option manually manage music and video is checked

User uploaded file

5) On the right top part click "On this ipad"

User uploaded file

6) you will see the contents of your iPad

7) click on the books tab

User uploaded file

8) drag and drop or delete book manually in the ipad content window

Manually sync pdf files from iBooks to iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.