Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch 4G - iOS downgrade to 5.1.1

The iPod Touch 4G (not jailbroken) lags on iOS 6. There is noticable lag which makes this apple device a disappointment. Many other people have the same issue with this generation of the device, it clearly lacks the hardware to power it. Apple doesn't support a downgrade to this device and other methods require "shsh blobs" which I dont have since I didn't jailbreak. I understand for apple this is just a strategy to get people to buy newer hardware but its a real disappointment since an Apple device is performing this poorly. I still love the "Apple" experience, I just wish it was as smooth as it was before since i'm not planning on buying a new device any time soon.

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.5, Slow Performance on supported iOS

Posted on Nov 20, 2013 10:03 AM

5 replies

Nov 20, 2013 1:21 PM in response to Griffin_

1. Try updating it farther in ios 6. the newest one for ipod 4 ( i have this device) is ios 6.1.5.
  2. As of now there is no way approved with out a jailbreak to downgrade.
  3. Try syncing to itunes, you might have alot of other data.
  4. This can be fixed by doing the following:

1. plug your ipod touch in to the computer with your itunes account.

2.back it up TO THE COMPUTER not icloud

3. click restore to factory settings

4. let it restore

5. when it comes up with the page set up as new ipod or restore from back up, CLICK RESTORE FROM BACK UP.

6. let it restore from back up

7. turn on your ipod it should let you right in with out a passcode.

also you might want to try deleating apps and music you dont use/ play with/ listen too

iPod Touch 4G - iOS downgrade to 5.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.