Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update to iOS 7.0.4 failed - why is there no option to restore to backup?

*** apple!? An unknown error during the update wiped my phone to Recovery mode and is only giving me the option to restore to factory settings.Why cant I restore to my last backup? What happened to all of my data?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 20, 2013 12:59 PM

3 replies

Nov 21, 2013 10:22 PM in response to trish222

Have you checked on your PC for locally created backups? I also remember that iTunes has the bad habit of overwriting backups from time to time, so maybe check

Windows XP

\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

Windows 7

\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

Windows Vista

\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

Mac OS X

/Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup

Maybe if you find a backup containing all of the apps you could at least get the data. Best.

In the iTunes app go to Preferences/Devices and check how many different backups are there and the dates. Perhaps you missed being offered which backup to use to restore your iPhone.

See if this post helps you https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5140060?answerId=22379597022#22379597022

So if you have the latest backup you can do a clean restore and then retrieve data from back up

Update to iOS 7.0.4 failed - why is there no option to restore to backup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.