Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iChat AV to AIM on Speedstream 5200 DSL Modem

Anybody out there know how to setup the builtin router on the Speedstream 5200 DSL modem. I've been to all the iChat AIM sites and setup the port forwarding exactly like they recommend. The symptoms I'm experiencing is that the other party on a PC running AIM can see and hear me but I only see myself in the preview window and I can't hear them either. I can connect to them at work through the T1 line but not at home through this DSL device. Also my OS X firewall is already off. Thanks in advance for any help....

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Jul 12, 2006 7:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2006 7:09 PM

Hi Phalcomb:

Sorry to hear about your issues.

I've worked with a couple of folks with the speedstream5200 DSL modem and found that the port forwarding doesn't always accept and open the ranges, even tho it allows you to enter them.

The key is to open all of the ports (as recommended at: http://www.ralphjohnsuk.dsl.pipex.com/ContactTesters.html) except for the last ranges, port 16384 and 16386 independently. In other words, don't open a range, open those two ports seperatly.

Give that a try.
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2006 7:09 PM in response to p_halcomb

Hi Phalcomb:

Sorry to hear about your issues.

I've worked with a couple of folks with the speedstream5200 DSL modem and found that the port forwarding doesn't always accept and open the ranges, even tho it allows you to enter them.

The key is to open all of the ports (as recommended at: http://www.ralphjohnsuk.dsl.pipex.com/ContactTesters.html) except for the last ranges, port 16384 and 16386 independently. In other words, don't open a range, open those two ports seperatly.

Give that a try.

iChat AV to AIM on Speedstream 5200 DSL Modem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.