Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't edit document in new version of Pages

I opened a previously created document in the new version of Pages (after upgrading to Mavericks) to edit it. I couldn't edit any of the text at all. I tried looking for possible reasons (group/ungroup, bring forward/send to back), with no luck.

Googled the problem and there were suggestions to click on the title bar, and then select "Unlock." Unfortunately, the box wasn't checked, so it wasn't locked. I clicked and unclicked, to be sure. Still no luck.

I have entire BODIES of documents I update frequently; some of them are 20+ pages. I am worried about opening any of them in the new version until I can sort this out.

Any ideas?

Pages-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Nov 20, 2013 1:34 PM

1 reply

Nov 20, 2013 2:03 PM in response to kklabracke

There is a significant difference in the features between Pages '09 and Pages 5 with so many features removed that Pages 5 is not converting the older format well:

http://www.freeforum101.com/iworktipsntrick/viewforum.php?f=22&sid=93fe707d4805b 6315d2e745af31edb24&mforum=iworktipsntrick

Pages '09 should still be in Applications/iWork.

Trash or archive Pages 5 and wait for Apple to sort it out. You can also rate/review it in the App Store.

Peter

Can't edit document in new version of Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.