Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the "Apple System Profiler"?

I am trying to connect a Seagate External Harddrive to my iMac. Seagate has just told me that it is formatted for PCs, not Macs, but they have supplied instructions for making the conversion. Unfortunately, I can't take the first step, which is to start with the "Apple System Profiler". My problem is that I don't know how to find it. That's all for now. How do I reach the Apple System Profiler? Where is it?

iDVD 7.1.1 (1150)

Posted on Nov 20, 2013 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2013 1:59 PM

Applications/Utilities

Now called System Information

3 replies

Nov 21, 2013 8:38 AM in response to Niel

Tony T1, and Niels,

Your instructions were really the same, but I was unable to take advantage of them. The problem is that they were too limited, and they were too limited because my question was, too. Unfortunately, that's all I could ask at that stage, because I didn't know enough, and because I could hardly ask something like, "How can I install my new External Harddrive?" However, thanks to Seagate, it's working now. True, their first set of instructions didn't help, and they only served to make me come here for clarification. Fortunately, entirely on their own, they sent me two more messages that contained enough information for me to reformat the Extrernal harddrive to work with my iMac and to download my computer. Nevertheless, I thank you both for your help. Knowing what I know now, it was probably adequate, but I wasn't capable of fully understanding and appreciating it at that time. Thanks again. I wish I could give both of you credit, but sometimes I am unsuccessful in posting the credits as I want, so wherever it ends up, it was meant for both of you.

Where is the "Apple System Profiler"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.