Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble selecting background objects, and duplicating or deleting pages from thumbnails,

After upgrading to Mavricks 10.9 I also upgraded to pages 5.0 (1465). That was a mistake! There were the expected formatting issues but I've also discovered several formating options are no longer selectable when working on a document that was created in the former version, such as selecting and moving earlier version formated background objects. Now I have a background object that has been reformated by the new version that isn't selectable so I cant remformat it.

The "Arrange" menu indicates that the master objects ( assuming these are the same thing as background objects) are selectable eventhough I can't select it.

Pages '09 5.0 (1465) screenshot

User uploaded file

Other issues include not being able to "duplicate selection" and/or "delete" from the edit menu when selecting a page in thumbnails. (see screenshot below) This was an option I used repeatedly but now it's just a dead option that wont highlight.

Pages '09 5.0 (1465) screenshot

User uploaded file

Using the thumbnails used to be a breeze. I could duplicate a page, and or delete a page as you can see in my final screenshot (below). Now neither of these options seem to be available.

Pages '09 4.3 (1048) screenshot

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 20, 2013 2:52 PM

1 reply

Trouble selecting background objects, and duplicating or deleting pages from thumbnails,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.