Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 7 Bookmarks and Read List Not Synching with iCloud

Safari does not synch bookmarks or reading list with iCloud. Cloud tabs does work. Everything else works.

When I turn the sync setting on/off in iCloud (control panel) it asks me if I want to merge and I say yes each time. No change. I can add bookmarks normally.

I did the checklist Apple suggests - and made sure I was linked to teh right account, have internet access, ect... The only thing I can not confirm is port numbers - but this machine is at work, next to my other iMac that is working perfectly (on Mavs too)

So far I've done each of these 2-5 times each:

• Restarted
  • Reset all in Safari Pref
  • Cleared all extensions
  • Unlinked my iCloud account in Control Panel>iCloud - Safari
  • Unlinked the entire account and deleted everything (3 times)
  • Deleted all traces of Safari; library, plsit, etc. (except the program - not allowed)
  • re-linked to Keychain (3 times)

Out of ideas 😟

Any suggestions appreciated

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks in advance

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 27" Mid 2011, 8 RAM

Posted on Nov 20, 2013 4:52 PM

2 replies

Dec 21, 2013 1:08 AM in response to DavidMo

Having the same problem as you David, I've just about gone nuts trying to solve it but Bookmarks and Reading Lists are not syncing across my iPad Mini, iPhone and Mac. When I've dug into the console files on my Mac it's reporting that the SafariDAVClient is crashing like a fiend, seems to be trying to access a file that either doesn't exist or was moved o_O

Anyone have any ideas? I've also resorted to Apple's recommendations as well as to solutions posted around the forums, with no luck whatsoever. I've even edited and purged my bookmarks down to only the stuff I really think I should keep. Also tried to keep it empty and adding a fresh new bookmark. Nada...

Safari 7 Bookmarks and Read List Not Synching with iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.