Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If i edit/change my Apple ID what happens to my previous purchases?

Im thinking of changing my Apple ID to use my new regular email address. What will happen to all the purchases i made on previous ID?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 20, 2013 5:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2017 7:28 AM

I assume you are referring to the Original eMail & Account and NOT the NEW eMail & Account.

No, I'm referring to iTunes accounts i.e. if you create a new iTunes account so that you end up with two separate iTunes accounts (old iTunes account and new iTunes account) - changing the primary email address on an iTunes account should not affect any of its downloads/purchases (Change your Apple ID - Apple Support).

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2017 7:28 AM in response to Fredy

I assume you are referring to the Original eMail & Account and NOT the NEW eMail & Account.

No, I'm referring to iTunes accounts i.e. if you create a new iTunes account so that you end up with two separate iTunes accounts (old iTunes account and new iTunes account) - changing the primary email address on an iTunes account should not affect any of its downloads/purchases (Change your Apple ID - Apple Support).

May 29, 2017 7:25 AM in response to King_Penguin

Hi and thanks for the feedback, I realize this is an old post, but if I may...

When you say "If you create a new account then all of your existing downloads will remain tied to your existing account (you cant transfer content between accounts)."
If my assumption if correct then this is my concern. Will I still be able to use tracks and apps purchased with the previous email & account?

Thanks

Fredy

Nov 21, 2013 1:07 AM in response to lancet0717

You should be able to update the email address on your account via http://appleid.apple.com or by logging into it via the Store > View Account menu option on your computer's iTunes, and Store > View My Account on the Mac App Store - updating the email address on an account shouldn't affect any of its purchases, they should remain linked to it (you may need to log out of the account on any computers/devices that you use it on and then log back in with the updated version for the account to be 'refreshed' on it).

If you create a new account then all of your existing downloads will remain tied to your existing account (you can't transfer content between accounts).

If i edit/change my Apple ID what happens to my previous purchases?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.