Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 upgraded to ios 7 connected to wifi no internet

I upgraded to ios 7 and ever since then I have had wifi issues. At first I got the "unable to connect" message. Now I'm able to connect but once I'm on nothing will update. I can't access the internet, Facebook, Gmail nothing will work. As soon as I turn off the wifi everything will work. This only happens on my home wifi which is through Comcast. I have no problem at work (which is also a secure network). I tried the Airplane - Reset network - turn off modem suggestion but that didn't work. I checked the IP address and it doesn't start with 169. Any other suggestions? I've never had a problem with my Comcast modem, it's fairly new. My computer, my husbands computer & our iPad are able to connect (the iPad had the same problem at first but it seems to have fixed itself).

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 20, 2013 5:15 PM

2 replies

Jul 31, 2015 7:00 AM in response to keebs45

If you have already tried Resetting the Network Settings >> Settings > General > Reset and tap on Reset Network Settings.

still doesn't work

1. Setting >> Connected Wi-Fi (click on i) >> Under DHCP tab Scroll Down “Renew Lease”
  2. Repeat the process A >> Under Under BootP tab Scroll Down “Renew Lease”
  3. Repeat the process A >> Under tab Scroll Down “Renew Lease”UnderStatic tab Scroll Down “Renew Lease”

Enjoy... 🙂

iPhone 5 upgraded to ios 7 connected to wifi no internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.