Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since updating to OS X 10.9 I can't print my emails.

Since updating to OS 10.9, I can't print some of my emails.

MacBook, Was working

Posted on Nov 20, 2013 6:16 PM

6 replies

Nov 22, 2013 5:41 AM in response to sberman

i have the same problem. i have 10.9 osx. use the mail app. some emails don't print in their entirety. for instance i have a receipt from apple that only prints the to: from: info and not the body of the email. under edit-attachments-always send windows friendly attachments....mine is already checked. i unchecked and rechecked. still wont print. help please.

Apr 19, 2015 3:58 PM in response to paulette238

"Resolved" it by defining a custom paper-size that is a bit shorter than A4 (210x293mm) -

1. Choose the mail-message and press [Command]+[p] to get the print-settings screen
  2. Choose the Printer
  3. Choose Paper Size -> "Manage Custom Sizes...", then, in the "Manage Custom Sizes" screen:
  4. Press the [+] sign to add a new custom-page-size
  5. Click the "Untitled" list-item to edit its name to something like "A4_iMac" or whatever
  6. Non-Printable Area: Choose your printer (this also sets the Paper Size)
  7. Fix the Paper Size to 210mm (width) by 293mm (height)
  8. Press [OK] to save your changes
  9. Back in the Print-Settings page, choose the newly-created Paper Size - your mail-message should be showing in the preview, now.

Next time, simply choose that custom-made paper-size before printing

(or even make it the default, until this is resolved).

Since updating to OS X 10.9 I can't print my emails.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.