Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sending files back from color to fcp 7, but experiencing issues

I have four sequences in a FCP 7 project. I sent three of them to color from FCP 7, completed my grading, rendered and sent back to FCP 7. I did the same for the fourth sequence; however, when I opened this sequence in FCP 7 it had over written one of the other timelines media into the same clip lengths as the one I just sent back. So it had media from another project, but with the same clip lengths as the I had just sent back from color. I have never experienced this before. I am working for an advertising agency and I am basically getting raw footage ready so that it can be send to an animation house who is going to be adding their animations, transitions and exporting the project. This project is on a tight deadline and need to figure this issue out quickly. Is this indiciative of corrupt files somewhere? If any one has had this issue please share how you rectified it.

Thanks.

Final Cut Pro 7

Posted on Nov 20, 2013 6:38 PM

8 replies

Nov 21, 2013 1:09 PM in response to Studio X

Color renders out the files and gives them new names... g_1, g_2...and so on. If some of them are exactly the same length as another one that's labelled g_1...FCP could connect it to the wrong one and whammo, your issue.

The REEL numbers should transfer. But if your footage doesn't have reel numbers, then it will link by name and length often. Yeah...messed up.

sending files back from color to fcp 7, but experiencing issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.